Monday, June 11, 2012

There's Something about Rain and McDonald's

There's something about a rainy day that makes me feel like snapping pictures. Gray and rainy, nothing to do but take pictures.

Sometimes I think I have a McDonald's obsession.
Okay, not just sometimes. And I don't just think it, I know it. I love McDonald's for breakfast. I order a side order of scrambled eggs. That's healthy enough, yes? A snack is from the dollar menu. They have a lovely yogurt and fruit parfait, delicious. And for a really decadent snack , the fries! The rock and roll Mc Donald's downtown Chicago has free parking and a fabulous view from the second floor, comfy furniture. There's a perennial garden planted, with flowering prairie plants and grasses. Oh, and did I mention free wi-fi? Maybe I can take a picture of every McDonald's in Chicago! Best of all, McDonald's has clean bathrooms.

Bathrooms are hugely important when you are a chauffeur. I am a bathroom connoisseur. I can tell you which hotels have easy access bathrooms, which ones are luxurious, which ones are so so. One fancy hotel bathroom has a great nude painting of Orpheus. Some hotels are minimalist. One hotel looks like an Ikea store.

It's been rainy all day. On sunny days I never remember to take pictures. But on rainy days... well, you get the idea.

In Rosemont, Illinois, you can see a giant rose from the highway.






The Rosemont rose, next to a McDonald's

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. I agree, bathrooms are important. You can leave a bathroom happy or you can get out and go, Ewwww....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. I agree, bathrooms are important. You can leave a bathroom happy or you can get out and go, Ewwww....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, it was me, Tatiana. Sorry for the multiple comments. Hugs,

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA, Tash, you are too funny! But it's true, a clean bathroom is wonderful. Some of the hotels turn the toilet paper under in a little triangle. That bugs me. I think about the germs on the hands that turned it under, ya know?

    ReplyDelete