Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicago Owl









Chicago Owl
Originally uploaded by SandyJasmine
As soon as I had a free minute when I was near O'Hare, I drove back to the woods. I was hoping to see the owl I disturbed yesterday, the owl that was in the old log I sat on to tie my shoe. At first I didn't see him. I sat on the old log I sat on yesterday to tie my shoe. No wild flapping like yesterday. I was disappointed. I got up to go home, when to my delight, there he was again. At first I didn't get too close.

I got a little braver, and moved in a little closer.







He was so cute, I just wanted to scritch him between the ears, like a cat.

4 comments:

  1. I am so pleased for you that you could get the photos of "your" owl. It is such a pretty bird. The photos are very good too; well done. Unfortunately I could not get to your other blog you suggested. I shall try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titania, I am happy you like him. Not sure why the other site didn't work. I don't know how to put it in as a link. You could try going to this album; http://foxden.org/gallery/Sandy then clicking on the one marked "Gardens". Please let me know if it works. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, unfortunately both do not work. I get the message: no results found. I have also tried different ways.
    No success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four years later...Sorry Titania, it's a dead link. Here's the new address to my Chicago blog - I changed it. http://pictures-of-chicago.blogspot.com/

    Hope you and your beautiful gardens are both well :)

    ReplyDelete